The Channel Mixer effect processes the image (changing its color tones, saturation, contrast, lightness, etc.) using three channels: Red, Green and Blue.
Every channel is represented by a scale with a triangle control.
The parameter can be adjusted in the following way:
- Shifting the triangle to the right/left leads to increase/reduction of the corresponding color component in every image point.
Increasing Red in Every Point
Reducing Red in Every Point
- Enlarge/reduce. Click a triangle's corner and move the cursor to or from the center of the triangle. By increasing or reducing the triangle size, you strengthen or weaken this color component. The color is strengthened or weakened only in the points where it was, other points of the image stay unchanged.
Increasing Red in Red Channel
Reducing Red in Red Channel
- Change the color of the triangle. For this purpose, click the white circle at the apex of the triangle, and drag it to another apex. For example, if we change the triangle's color in the red channel to blue, the red color components in every point of the channel will become blue.
Replacing a Color in a Channel
- Change the color of the triangle to two color sectors. For this purpose, click the white circle at the apex of the triangle, and drag it to one of the triangle' sides. For example, if the triangle in the green channel consists of blue and red sectors, the new value of the green color component will be calculated as a sum of blue and red components. Other color components will not change.
Replacing a Color with Two Colors in a Channel
- Change the color of the triangle to three color sectors. For this purpose, click the white circle at the apex of the triangle, and drag it towards the middle of the triangle. For example, if the triangle in the blue channel consists of three color sections, the new value of the blue component for every point of the image will be calculated as a sum of these three color sections. Other color components on the image (in this case, red and green) will not change.
Replacing a Color with Three Colors in a Channel
Attention! The triangle control does not show the result. It only shows the way the points in this channel will be calculated.
ArtSuite v. 20.0 - Free 10-day Trial