The author of the example is Sanjeev Saha, New Delhi, INDIA.
Though tigers are hunting in the daytime, they are a so-called symbol of the night. The tiger's movements are slow and cautious, its approach strikes fear in any living being. We'll try to create a framed photo of a tiger prowling in the night using AKVIS ArtSuite.
First we will add a photo frame to a picture of a tiger.
|Click the image to open its larger copy in a new window.
You can get various photo frames using AKVIS ArtSuite. For example, if you do not activate the Transparent check-box, you can use a color for the background. In this case you won't need to convert the base image to a layer.
- Step 1. Open an image with the tiger in Jasc Paint Shop 7.
- Step 2. Then promote it to a layer by going to layer palette.
Now we can work with the image.
- Step 3. Call AKVIS ArtSuite by going to Effects->Plugin Filters->AKVIS->ArtSuite. Select a Frame Scratches by going to the drop down menu.
- Step 4. Activate the Transparent check-box. Set Frame Width to 100 %, Border Width to 0 %, Stroke Width to 2 %, Stroke Count to 78 %, Stroke Length to 41% and Random Speed to 6719.
The result will be shown in the After tab.
- Step 5. Press the button to apply the result and close the plugin window.
See the image in the Paint Shop Pro's workspace with a transparent background.
- Step 6. Then I searched Google for a background image. Open this night landscape image in the photo editor.
- Step 7. Now copy the image with the tiger. From the main menu of the photo editor choose Selections->Select All. Then choose Edit->Copy again from the main menu.
- Step 8. Left-mouse click on the image with the background. We'll continue our work with this image.
- Step 9. Paste the tiger image to the night lanscape as a new layer. Choose Edit->Paste->As New Layer from the maim menu of the photo editor.
- Step 10. Then merge all layers.
Call from the main menu of the photo editor Layers->Merge->Merge All.
The result is shown below.
|Click the image to open its larger copy in a new window.|
Here is the Scratches frame with lilac as Frame Color:
The same thing can be performed with Stroke, Page curl, Square, Ragged, Spray and Artistic. You can create a transparent frame and lay a background image under it; or you can add a color frame using the Color pallete.
The Squares frame:
The Spray frame: