Pop Art Poster
You can get a free license for AKVIS software by translating our texts (3-4) from English to Japanese.
If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this tutorial, we will create a pop art poster from a photo using Adobe Photoshop and AKVIS plug-ins: Sketch, Coloriage, and ArtSuite.
- Step 1. Open an image in Photoshop and create two copies of the background layer (Layer -> Duplicate Layer).
- Step 2. Select the bottom copy and convert it into a pencil drawing. To do this, call the AKVIS Sketch plug-in from the Filters list.
- Step 3. Transform the photo to a pencil drawing using the Classic style.
We used the settings as shown below but you can adjust the parameters of photo-to-sketch conversion to your liking.
Hint: To achieve a poster-like effect you need to make the main contours in the image large and distinct.
Start conversion with the button , then apply the result with .
- Step 4. Simplify the pencil drawing using the posterization feature in Photoshop: Image -> Adjustment -> Posterize. Set Levels = 2, to get only two colors in the image - black and white.
- Step 5. Now, add color to the drawing. Open the AKVIS Coloriage plugin.
- Step 6. Using the Pencil tool in Coloriage select colors for all areas in the image.
Start colorization with the button and apply the result with .
- Step 7. Make colors more saturated. Select in menu: Image -> Apply Image... Set Blending = Multiply and press ОК.
In fact, the poster is ready. Let's add a final touch.
- Step 8. In the Layers palette, in Photoshop, select the top layer and call the AKVIS ArtSuite plug-in.
Select Halftone Effect in the Effects list and adjust the settings as shown below.
Apply the result by pressing the button .
- Step 9. Change the Blend Mode for the top layer to Multiply and merge the layers.
Pop Art Poster
(Click on the image to view a larger version in a separate window)
Alternatively, you can make a Wild West Print in BW or sepia:
Wild West Poster