Layer transformation in Jasc Paint Shop Pro
To transform a layer in Jasc Paint Shop Pro you can use the Deform Tool. It allows scaling, shifting, distorting, turning the image, as well as correcting the image perspective.
To transform an image, you should:
- Step 1. Select the layer you want to transform in the Layer palette by clicking on its name in the list.
- Step 2. Select the Deform Tool from the Toolbar. You will see a frame with eight rectangular markers around the layer and one marker in the middle of it to rotate the image.
- Step 3. Make a transformation:
- To change the size - left-click on one of the rectangular markers and drag it.
- To change the size keeping the ratio - right-click on one of the corner markers and drag it.
- To move the layer - click on any point of the layer and, keeping the right mouse button pressed, move the layer.
- To rotate the layer - bring the mouse cursor to the marker in the center (so that it transforms into ), press the left mouse button and drag the cursor.
- To change the perspective symmetrically - press the Ctrl-key and drag one of the corner markers vertically.
- To change the perspective asymmetrically - press the Shift-key and drag one of the corner markers.
- To shift the layer - drag the side, the upper or the lower marker keeping the Shift-key pressed.
- To skew - drag the marker with the keys Ctrl and Shift pressed.
You can also make the transformation by setting values for the corresponding parameters in the Options palette.