Installing plug-ins in Xara Xtreme
We use Xara Xtreme v3.2 and AKVIS plug-ins for this tutorial.
There are two methods of installation plugins into Xara Xtreme:
Method 1. Copy the files with the ending .8bf into the Plugins folder of Xara Xtreme.
To install AKVIS plug-ins just copy the 8bf files from the original folder C:\Program Files\AKVIS\
(for example, for Sketch it will be the folder Program Files\AKVIS\Sketch) into
C:\Program Files\Хara\Хara Xtreme 3.2\Хara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins\.
Method 2. Add plug-ins through the menu of the photo editor:
- Run Xara Xtreme editor.
- Call Utilites -> Options from the main menu.
- In the Options window switch to the Effects & Plugins tab. Click the button Setup.
- The PS Plug-ins location setup window will open. In this window click the button Add Folder
and choose AKVIS folder.
Enable check-box Enable host specific plug-ins.
Click the button OK.
Plug-ins are installed now.
To call the plugin follow these steps:
- Select the Live effect tool with the button on the Toolbar.
- Click the New button on the Infobar.
Select AKVIS from the list of the effects and call the plugin you want.