Femme Fatale: Sin City Style Poster
With AKVIS AirBrush you can make eye-catching movie posters. We will show you how to create a portrait in the style of the popular film "Sin City".
The film was rendered with a special technique. It is mainly black and white and very contrasty; only certain details are selected with colors: lips, eyes, hair, clothing items, etc. We will make a poster in this spectacular style.
In this tutorial we used the AKVIS AirBrush plugin with AliveColors.
- Step 1. Open an image in AliveColors and make a layer's copy (Layers -> Duplicate).
- Step 2. Launch the AKVIS AirBrush plugin (Effects -> AKVIS -> AirBrush). In the quick preview window you will see a part of the image with the applied effect.
- Step 3. Adjust the parameters of the effect. We used these settings:
- Step 4. Click on to process the entire image, then on to apply the result and return to the image editor.
- Step 5. Make a layer's copy (Layers -> Duplicate) and select the first layer with the result (Background copy).
Select Image -> Adjustment -> Threshold and set Threshold = 5.
Choose the Color Brush and change its blend mode to Multiply.
Note: In the Multiply mode applying any color to black will give black that allows you quickly paint only the white areas.
Draw over the lips and hair with red, and paint eyes blue.
- Step 6. Switch to the top layer (Background copy 2) and select again the Threshold command, now with Threshold = 35.
Using the Paint Bucket fill the black areas with dark gray (RGB = 80, 80, 80).
Change the blend mode for this layer to Multiply.
To make the eyes brighter, process them with the Color Brush in the Screen mode.
Multiply Blend Mode
Now we can add an inscription - the title of the movie or a sonorous slogan.
The poster is ready!
Sin City Style Poster
In this example, the AirBrush plugin gives us liquid harmonious lines and smooth transitions between the areas which can't be achieved only with the Threshold command.