Winter Pastel: Portrait of a Boy
Paintings have proved to be a unique and always appropriate gift, which makes your nearest and dearest feel special.
In this tutorial, AKVIS Pastel software is used for creating a portrait of a child. Delicate pastel strokes faithfully reproduce delightful winter colors and let you wallow in nostalgia.
- Step 1. Open a photo in AKVIS Pastel.
- Step 2. In the presets list, select a preset with thick, creamy strokes (e.g. AKVIS Fresco). The preview window displays the approximate result of the current preset settings. You can draw several guidelines using the Stroke Direction tool .
Program Window in AKVIS Pastel
- Step 3. To edit the whole image, click on the button . You can also add a few hand-painted strokes using the Pastel Chalk to make the image look more realistic.
- Step 4. Open the source image in AKVIS Draw and choose a preset which converts your photo into a quick sketch.
Sketch in AKVIS Draw (picture 1)
You can create several sketches - with long strokes as well with high level of detail.
Sketch in AKVIS Draw (picture 2)
We will merge these images using a layers blending mode in the image editing program. Apply AKVIS Pastel once again to give the lines a velvety texture:
Pastel Strokes in AKVIS Pastel
- Step 5. In the graphics editor, combine two pastel drawings (with dense hatching - Step 3 and outline - Step 4) into one document. Change the blending mode to Multiply and reduce the Opacity to approximately 80%. The boy's facial features become more expressive and lively.
- Step 6. To add the finishing touch, insert the drawing into an artistic frame.
Call the AKVIS ArtSuite plugin (Filter -> AKVIS -> ArtSuite) and select the Ragged Frame with following parameters: 74%/1/0.
You can also use a white brush to give the impression that the painting border has been left unpainted:
Using White Brush
(click to enlarge)
Pastel v. 4.0 - 10日間の評価期間